Some may say I am a chocoholic and I would agree with that.
I walked outside today because the sun was shining so bright it was calling me; and I wanted some natural Vitamin D. Well, I got smacked in the face by the cold air! Maybe I’ll try again later…
So…I walked back inside to make some healthy baked treats!
I was sent a lovely shipment by the angels at Garden of Life and of course the first thing I think of is…”how can I incorporate this amazing protein powder into baking?” Haha!
Have I mentioned I love this company??? Raw, vegan, organic protein that tastes so so good!! I’m super excited they have a new greens formula!
So…I’m sharing with you my yummy Black Bean Brownies!
I got creative and used a silicone snowflake baking mold, but you don’t have to. I just like making pretty shapes!
I wonder how close I can get to show you the yummy ingredients…you’d never guess black beans were in these!
One last thing- if you need these pantry ingredients check out Vitacost and shop away with your $10 off $30 coupon!! I order from them monthly!
OK, OK, OK….here’s the recipe!!!
Black Bean Brownies
1/2 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 Tbs almond flour
2 Tbs coconut flour
1 Tbs flaxseed meal
2 Tbs Garden of Life Protein and Greens Chocolate
1/4 cup eggwhites (or 3 eggs)
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce)
1/2 cup natural cacao powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tsp natural vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar (agave or maple syrup can be used)
2 Tbsp maple syrup (I used 2 packets stevia)
1 1/2 Tsp instant or regular coffee grounds (unused)
1 Tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper …if you want a little kick! 😉
1/4 Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or more if you’d like)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Place all black bean brownie ingredients into your food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
3. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
4. Evenly spread batter into baking dish or silicone mold
5. Place in the oven and bake for 25 min. (oven times may vary – use toothpick and check when it comes out clean they are done!)
6. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
7. Cut brownies, serve, enjoy, and share with a friend!
8. Store cooled brownies in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freeze in freezer safe container.
Let me know if you make them and tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below!
Happy Tuesday friends!!